Friday 8 April 2011

Evaluation: What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

Audience feedback is very important because they are the consumers and they need to like my media product (music video/song) to buy it. Audience feedback is also very important because the target audience will give honest opinions about the product that is aimed at them.


For my audience feedback, I gathered a group of my friends to watch my video - Luckily, they are the type of people that would listen/watch and buy the video/song so they are the target audience. I asked them to rate out of ten : 

  • How realistic they thought my video was 
  • An overall score out of ten 
  • How well Hannah was portrayed as a Pop/RnB artist
I also asked them to write any other notes that they felt were relevant when watching my music video.


Results: 
For my first question (how realistic they thought the video was)I got an average score of 8 out of ten - this tells me that my music video was quite successful in following the conventions of a real life music video because I got a good average score. It also tells me that my music video portrays the right genre because my target audience was able to identify and liked the video. I have learnt from their feedback, that it is important to follow conventions when making a music video because the audience needs to like to it and want to watch it again and again.

On the second score (overall score out of ten) I got an average score of 6 out of ten. To be honest, I did feel that I could have got a higher score - however, it is their feedback which is the most important. The low average score tells me that overall, although my video may seem realistic and follow conventions - the presentation of my video is poor. On the general comments I found that a few people thought my green screen scenes could have been a bit more polished and made to look better - which I definitely agree with. Other said, that the camera shots were sometimes shaky, making it lower in quality. Another comment showed that the music was out of sync at some stages and in a real product it would have not of been. I totally understand their feedback and know if I had of spent a little extra time perfecting it, then my overall average score would have improved significantly. 

On my third and final score (How well Hannah was portrayed as a Pop/Rnb artist) I got an average score of 9 out of ten - which for me is really good and i'm pleased with it! This score tells me that they think that Hannah was portrayed well due to the fact that I followed the conventions of this genre. It also tells me that they believed that Hannah was a recording artist and the way she appeared on screen was convincing. From the notes they left, I saw comments such as "her clothes and make-up were typical from music videos of this genre and I thought that she looked really good in the video" - others said "she looked independent and sexy - just like other RnB artists around today". This tells me that a strong female artist should look independent and choosing to portray Hannah in that way was a wise move.


Overall, I have learnt a lot from my audience feedback, especially that if I were to do this again, I should pay more attention to detail in the editing stages because the audience do really notice it and the overall presentation is VERY important to them and how great they think the product is overall. I have also learnt that following conventions is a definite must and you should not contradict them because the audience like to see things they are familiar with and it enhances the genre and most importantly - the target audience will relate to the artist if they can see aspects of themselves int he artist whether it be make-up, clothes or the narrative in the music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment